Perfect Start to the Summer
I spent Memorial Day Weekend in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. I arrived on Saturday and left on Monday. It was a short trip because I went alone, plus I didn't want to use any days off of work. I arranged a private transfer to and from the airport. I stayed at the Barcelo All Inclusive, which was about 15-20 minutes from POP airport. I enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel grounds are beautiful; 2 pools, the buffet hall plus a few restaurants. The food and drinks were okay, didn't blow my mind. The hotel staff was very nice. Being alone I thought I was going to be nervous, but I felt safe and comfortable.
As for my eventful weekend:
- I checked in to the hotel
- Grabbed a burger from the grill by the beach
- Laid out on the beach and took a dip. Met some locals selling crafts on the beach, didn't buy anything though.
- Went back to my room to shower and get ready for dinner
- Picked up my show ticket for Bravissimo ($45) and went back to my room to get all dolled up.
The Bravissimo Show was amazing. I just so happen to love carnival-like events complete with hair and make-up and costumes, and this show was nothing short of that. It was a total of 30 dancers and 120 costumes. The singing, the dance moves and music selection, and the teeny tiny costumes were very entertaining.
I will admit, the show was a bit cheesy and tourist-y but I was a tourist, so I can't complain :-). The Bravissimo show took place on the 3rd floor in the Ocean World building. The building itself was beautifully decorated and went with the whole ocean theme. The Ocean World bus came back at midnight to take me back to my hotel. All in all, a really good night.
- I slept, ate, and slept some more.
- I took a dip in the pool and had a few drinks at the swim up bar, the bartenders were really nice.
Sunday was a much needed rest day. No parties, no loud music, no ripping and running like Saturday. When I was awake, I managed to make it to a few gift shops to buy a some trinkets to remember my trip. I checked out on Monday and spent most of the day in the airport. And of course, my Monday ended with a BBQ in Brooklyn with my family.
I left DR feeling relaxed and relieved, the perfect way to start this summer.
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.